Tuesday 11 July 2017

My Twenty-third, Twenty-fourth, Twenty-fifth and Twenty-sixth Frolics for 2017...

Obviously, I DO need to be more organised each Saturday to post about my Friday Frolics!  Note to self: Do better.

Anyway, this post is a Fourfer - four weeks of Frolics in one!

Twenty-third Frolic: June 16th

I remember that I had a really productive day for my Twenty-third Frolic, I actually had nothing on that day (amazing in itself), so I spent most of the day pottering around in my Girl's Nest and catching up on my Masterchef watching. 

This is what I worked on:

I finished the stitching on "Accept this trifle from a friend" (which is a freebie from Plum Street Samplers) and then I searched through my fabric stash to find the perfect green fabric for the backing (it matches the bird exactly) - very happy to find it.









I also FFOed, Singin' in the Spring (CCN) - again with fabrics from my stash - this time I used bright 1930s fabrics.




I also did a bit on my Nutcracker Sampler


I also pulled out this Happy Halloween UFO but I put it away again as I couldn't find the relevant threads but maybe it will come out again soon for Friday Frolics.


(Psst! If you are wondering what the real reason is as to why I put it away again, it is the fact that the pumpkins are stitched using Smyrna Crosses and it was Soooo fiddly getting them right - and there are still two more to go - yikes!)


I also pulled out this UFO ...  Snowmates by Blue Ribbon Designs from the JCS Christmas Ornie Magazine 2015.



.... and worked on it a little more.



So, a very successful Twenty-Third Friday Frolic.


Twenty-fourth Frolic: June 23rd

For this Frolic, I picked up Afternoon in London by CCN, this is a gift for a friend's 60th and I really need to get a wriggle on as she is going to turn 61 at the end of July!  (Only a little late with this one, but it did take us a while to find the right design for her tastes.)



I managed to get quite a bit done on that Friday and over the rest of the weekend, as you can see.





Loving stitching this one, gorgeous muted palette and the fabric I am stitching on is a dream to work with. 


Twenty-fifth Frolic: June 30th

For this frolic, I thought that I should get a wriggle on with my Red Robin pouch.

So, I went from here....




... to this....


I am really happy with how the red Japanese beads make the design pop and give it that real Christmassy feel.


Twenty-sixth Frolic: July 7th

On July 7th, I picked up Afternoon in Paris by CCN again, as I do really need to get it finished very soon.

So, it went from this ....


.... to this...


Getting so close to a finish now!

So, that is four weeks of Frolicking for you, I am so looking forward to picking up another WIP this coming Friday - only two more sleeps!

hugs, Kaye



4 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

So much gorgeousness!!! I don't know if I could pick a favorite, they are all so nice!

deb said...

Everything looks wonderful! Love the Trifle chart (thanks for the link) and the fabric you have to back it is absolutely perfect!

Rachel said...

All of your frolicking looks amazing!!! Love the vintage 1930s fabrics on your finish.

Good luck with Afternoon in Paris :)

Have a great weekend!!

Brigitte said...

Fridays seem to be very productive days for you, Kaye. I love the projects that you pulled out during the last weeks. And you even finished a little pillow. Great!